After 4 years of operating from our premises in Bedford, TTS Roadsport and The TT Shop have completed a move to new headquarters, literally over the road!
The new unit is nearly 5 times the size of the old place and houses the offices, the workshop and customer waiting lounge, the mail order warehouse facility, and a retail shop, packed full of VAG car goodies.
Within the 10,000 sq ft building, the new workshop takes up the majority of the space with 5 two post ramps, a brand new scissor lift, 3 further car preparation bays, and the highest VAG specification 4 wheel laser alignment equipment.
All of the workshop equipment meets or exceeds VAG dealership specification, even down to the colour!
This VAG specialist facility is unmatched for stock holding, presentation, workshop facilities and in house VAG car expertise. A true ‘one stop shop’ for all Audi, Volkswagen, Seat and Skoda car owners.
One of the key differences between us, and other specialists, is the ability to hold stock on site, ready for immediate despatch or fitting, so you can often call in the morning and have the parts the next day, pop into the shop and walk away with them, or maybe even better, have fault diagnosed and have the part replaced immediately. Many of our customers that get tempted with additional items while they are waiting for work on their cars, can have these added on to the job there and then! This also means you can see and inspect items that you may be interested in, before you have to commit to it.
Below is the story of the creation of one the UK’s biggest VAG tuning facilities and the world’s biggest Audi TT specialist. We hope you find it interesting!
1. The building started off as a manufacturing facility for a double glazing company, and up to a week before it became ours, it was still crammed packed full of double glazing parts! The second picture shows where it is in relation to our old building.
2. It wasn’t until emptying the huge unit, that we realised its full potential.
3. Very first job was the construction of the 1500 sq ft mezzanine floor, that would eventually house the warehouse at one end and the shop at the other.
4. It took over two tonnes of flooring to support the stock that goes on the first floor of our warehouse!
5. On the first weekend of moving in, the priority was moving the first 2 vehicle lifts out of the old unit, over the road and into position, so we could continue working on our customers cars.
6. Moving over £250,000 worth of performance parts and accessories was extremely hard work! We sat it in the middle of the workshop until the racking and shelving in the warehouse was constructed, and it could go in it’s rightful place.
7. The racking was delivered all the way from Ireland, and took up a whole articulated lorry! Even the racking was painted in VAG colours to match the corporate colours of TTS Roadsport! (and our uniforms :) )
8. Outside, the enclosed secure car parking is one of the major benefits.
9. With the mezzanine in place, work on building the shop and customer lounge, could start.
10. The lower warehouse level houses the smaller parts on custom made shelving.
11. Work has to continue during some of the construction. (Albeit well away from the cars!)
12. Delivery of the additional VAG specification Maha two posts vehicle lifts was next, direct from Germany.
13. The day after, the huge scissor lift for 4 wheel alignment came.
14. Installation of the Maha scissor lift and Hunter VAG laser wheel alignment equipment were done together, with technicians from both companies working together to get the set up perfect. Our floor was the most level they had experienced in any previous installation!
15. Alignment rig fully installed, and first customer an hour later.
16. Meanwhile, building the shop continued at the other end of the unit.
17. The customer lounge will be much more comfy with the sofas and TVs in!
18. And you’ll have a great view of the technicians working on your car while you wait.
19. After a lot of design work, the shop really started to take shape.
20. After a little delay, due to our requests for "something a little different" the signage was installed.
As the final stages are completed we will add further pictures for you to see how it takes shape, alternatively, why not come down and see it in person?!